Big Data is the popular thing that every business is taking into consideration. As the business grows, so is the data growing in all organizations which Data Engineering Companies are dealing with. Big Data refers to the enormous amount of data that is gathered from multiple sources. These data sets cannot be collected, stored, or processed using any existing tools due to the data complexity.
With Big Data, there are multiple tools to analyze Big Data such as NoSQL Databases, Hadoop, Spark, etc. With these tools, we can grab various types of data from different sources such as Digital Media, Web services, business apps, etc.
In this blog, we have discussed Big Data Statistics which is turning out the operations of businesses in an effective way.
Big Data Statistics which can leave you in shock:
With its increased importance, Big Data is experiencing various transformations. The 2.5 quintillion bytes of data we create every day is useless unless we leverage it using big data analytics. This is where things get exciting for businesses as we can now future-predict market behavior with laser-focus accuracy at a personal level. We know data will only get bigger and tech more sophisticated as the months, like years, and so on resulting in good forecasts of big data growth. You either get up to speed with big data statistics or run the risk of living under a rock.
So, let’s have a look at some of the popular statistics:
Past & Present Big Data Statistics for 2021:
- Right from the year 2012, Big Data has created around 8 million jobs in the US alone and 6 million jobs worldwide.
- In the year 2013, IBM claimed that 90% of the world data has been created in the past couple of years.
- In 2012, we had 2.5 billion internet users. In 2014, this number reached the three-billion mark, and in 2019 we had 4.1 billion people online.
- Over 2.5 quintillion of bytes of data were globally generated in the year 2017 and this can reach up to 149 zettabytes by 2045.
- In the year 2018, 38% of the global revenue from the Big Data from the services segment.
- The data investments in the financial industry accounted for $9 billion for the year 2018.
- In the year 2019, IT Services has earned the biggest share of BDA revenues. The estimated profit is $77.5 billion. When it comes to hardware purchase, it accounted for $23.7 billion, and for software purchase, it was around $67.2 billion.
- Around 12% of the increase in Big Data and Data Analytics usage from 2018-2019.
- In 2019, there are 2.3 billion active Facebook users who generate a huge amount of data.
- In the previous year 2020, around 1.7MB of data was created every single second for every person on the earth.
- $1 Trillion savings are made by businesses with Big Data through IoT which deals with data collection in the year 2020.
- 40 zettabytes (43 trillion gigabytes) of data was created by 2020, with an increase of 300% from 2015.
- 50 Billion number of smart connected devices in the world for the previous year 2020 which was used for collecting, analyzing, and sharing the data. While there were 220 million connected cars the same year.
- From 2010 to 2020, the amount of data created, captured, copied, and consumed in the world increased from 1.2 trillion gigabytes to 59 trillion gigabytes, which accounted for 5,000% growth within a decade.
- The amount of data in the financial sector will grow up to 700% in 2021.
- 97.2% of organizations are investing in Big Data and AI.
- Starbucks will have 37,000 stores worldwide by 2021 with its smart data gathering.
- The most popular Cloud Computing open-source Hadoop will surpass $1 billion by 2021.
Future Big Data Stats:
- The revenue generated from Big Data is expected to reach $274.3 billion in the year 2022.
- IDC expects Big Data Analytics market revenue to be around $274 billion by 2022.
- By the year 2022, 90% of corporate strategies will explicitly state information as to their critical asset and analytics as competency.
- In the year 2022, the total investment of four major industries (Banking, Manufacturing, Professional Services, Federal Government) will be around $129 billion.
- In 2023, the big data industry will be worth $77 billion.
- The projected value of the Big Data Analytics market will be around $103 billion in 2023.
- By the year 2023, the majority of Enterprise companies will have their data stored in a public cloud data warehouse such as Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, and Google Big Query.
- The number of IoT devices could rise up to 41.6 billion by 2025.
- The amount of global data sphere subject to data analysis will grow up to 5 zettabytes by 2025.
Big Data will be the future undeniably. As every business revolves around data, it is crucial that Big Data utilization can turn profits to companies regardless of the size. If you are one such organization looking to implement Big Data solutions, we, one of the business data analytics consulting companies are here to help you!